June 13, 2020
This week's comic is a little short, being just one page. I had two planned, but felt that this scene would work better if it were punctuated by an update instead of jumping straight into the next scene. I'll be moving to a new house in the next week, so, unfortunately, next weekend's might be relatively small as well. I'll aim to have at least two pages ready though.
I've been saying "I'll get around to it" about Patreon incentives for a while now. But I'm actually really going to get around to it this week. No more BS.
- As a $1 patron, you will have ready access to Work-In-Progress material, page pencils, and any and all sketches that are generated in the course of drawing the comic. You'll also have access to 300PPI high res versions of the finished comic pages. I'll be consolidating the existing material in the coming week, and posting new material as production goes on.
- $5 patrons will also gain access to a monthly Wallpaper image. This will be a digitally coloured scene, with a high resolution. The first will be available on July 01, and feature a Summer Backyard Barbecue theme.
- $10 patrons will receive a monthly postcard in the mail. Usually a colour image of a single character, with a handwritten Thank-You note on the back.
- $20 patrons will, in addition to previous tiers, receive a single-character lineart commission every other month. You'll get the first within a month of signing up, with a cooldown month before the second one. The commission can be a character of mine, it can be one of yours, it can be pretty much anything. You want an image of Batman crying while eating rotten boiled eggs? I don't know why you would, but I'll draw that. I'm the Jones' Barbecue and Foot Massage of sketchcomms. I'll fry anything.
- $40 patrons who have pledged for at least two months (or two billing cycles, since Patreon charges for a month when you sign up, then charge again at the end of the month) will receive an exclusive print edition of each issue of the comic. When each "Chapter" in the story is completed, I'll collect the pages and have them printed in a saddle-stitched book. The book will have a full-colour cover, and contain the 20-30 pages of the chapter, as well as some supplementary material (however much I can fit while still having a pagecount divisible by 8). Each one will be signed and numbered before being sent to you through expedited mail. These books will not be put in general circulation or made available for sale elsewhere, and won't be reprinted. Once they're gone, that's it. I know $40 a month is a serious investment, so please don't go in on this tier unless you're certain that you want to support the comic really, really hard. If you want to wait until the book is actually getting made before pledging at this level, I will notify existing patrons (at every tier) when the cutoff for this reward is approaching, so anyone can jump up to this tier in time to snag a copy.
My site stats show that a few dozen unique readers are here each week, so if you're reading and can't contribute financially, I don't want you to feel guilty or left out. I do appreciate your readership, and appreciate it immensely. Amoreus Maleficarum is a passion project, and doing my own comic is something I've been putting off doing for most of my life, so knowing that someone is taking the time to read it means so much to me that I can't possibly overstate it. Thank you.
At the risk of sounding desperate or nagging, please share the comic on social media or by sending it directly to anyone who you think might enjoy reading it as well.